Super Foods for Your Face: Organic DIY Pumpkin Spice Face Mask
Pumpkin junkie? Yeah so are we and for good reason!
Pumpkin is actually an excellent treatment for all skin types, especially for sensitive or damaged skin.
Here is a list of the top health benefits of Pumpkin in skincare:
Rich in antioxidants, hydrators, vitamins and minerals, both the flesh and seeds of the pumpkin provide many health boosting, disease-fighting nutrients, such as:
- Vitamins A, B, C and E (protects skin, improve circulation, skin renewal)
- Alpha and beta-carotene (potent antioxidant, which converts to vitamin A, slowing skin aging process)
Ready to whip up your own batch of DIY skincare? Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup cooked or organic canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup solids from a can of organic coconut milk (Coconut solids are a natural moisturizer) or 1/4 teaspoon of organic Greek yogurt (fat free for oily skin, 2% for dry skin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (ground cinnamon is gently warming, stimulating and antibacterial)
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Application brush
- Mix and mash all ingredients together and apply to skin with application brush.
- Leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water and cleanser. (easy peasy!!)
Let us know what you think! Snap a pic of your organic DIY Pumpkin Spice face mask and tag or # TsiLa Organics on FB and Instagram to receive a free sample kit of our Green Luxury™ fragrance line.