Frankincense Physical Healing Benefits:
- Reduces skin discoloration and imperfections: The astringent properties of Frankincense make it an excellent choice for topical uses. Anti-aging products use the oil for the skin benefits. It also may help speed healing of minor wounds and insect bites.
- Promotes feelings of wellness and relaxation: Though we don’t completely understand why this oil seems to promote relaxation and sleep. The effect may be due to the aromatherapy benefits. This is especially relevant with the rising number of disorders related to stress and sleep.
- Balances hormones: Frankincense is also credited with helping balance hormones and improve memory. I wasn’t able to find any studies that back up this claim, but it is also important to realize that studies on essential oils are expensive and hard to fund.
- Studies show that inhalation of Frankincense can build levels of oxygen in the brain by up to 28 percent. This increase of oxygen to the brain may prompt an increased level activity in the hypothalamus and limbic frameworks of the mind, which can have sensational impacts on emotions as well as on learning, attitude, and numerous physical procedures of the body, for example, hormone balance, immune function, and energy levels.
Frankincense 6th Chakra (Third Eye) Healing Benefits:
- Aligning chakras: Aligns the solar plexus chakra with the third eye to bring illumination and understanding of intellectual matters to a more enlightened awareness.
- Brings connection: Allows for connection to the Godhead, bringing in a higher frequency of integration throughout the chakra system.
- Balances opposites: Opens both hemispheres of the brain function in synchrony, bringing creativity and reason together.