DIY Natural Lipstick Recipe: Add A Little Natural Color
Try our DIY natural lipstick recipe, because traditional lipstick and chapstick is a source of harmful chemicals and toxins, unlike natural vegan lipstick.
It doesn’t make sense that we are still willing to apply to our lips and potentially ingest. The typical cosmetic
company promotes that their lipsticks are long-lasting, but we need to ask what chemicals are companies adding to their lipglosses and lipsticks to make them last for hours. Our founder at Tsi-La Organics loves all-natural vegan options and wanted to share one of her favorite natural lipstick recipes with her Tsi-La Tribe. Below is Annie’s preferred base recipe. Annie’s base recipe will create a smooth, clear moisturizing lipstick that is very protective. It is made from completely natural vegan ingredients. This means it is safe for us on the lips or skin. If you want, you can add color with the following add-ins to create a color of your choice.
Step 1: Creating Your Base Lipstick.
- 3/4 t Candelilla Wax
- 1 t Shea butter or Cocoa Butter
- 1 t Jojoba or Coconut Oil
Step 2: Individualizing Your Lipstick.
- Adding Red Tones: 1/8t of beetroot powder or 1 drop of natural red food coloring with no chemical additives. Warning: A little goes a long way!
- Adding Brown/Tan Tones: 1/4t of organic cocoa powder, a tiny pinch of cinnamon or turmeric to get the shade you want
- Creating a Matte texture: 1/4t bentonite clay. If adding this, be sure to add a little tint, because the bentonite clay leaves a white residue.
- For Scent: A drop of essential oil of choice. (we suggest 1 drop of peppermint essential oil)